Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mic Geronimo : Hemmin Heads (from Shit's Real 12")



Mic Geronimo : Hemmin Heads (Blunt, 1994)

If Marty Mc Fly had come to me in 1994 telling me only one east coast rapper would be still relevant in 2006, I would have put my money on Mic Geronimo.

Or OC. Or Common Sense, or Buckshot, or may be Nas, but never on Jay Z. At that time he was at best considered a has been, and atworst a never-been. Even when he did that song with DMX and Ja Rule on Mic Geronimo’s second 12” I don’t think a lot of people realized he was the same JZ who rhymed with The Jaz a few years before.

Anyway, this is Geronimo’s first 12” on Blunt, produced by DJ Irv later known as Irv Gotti and it’s as good as anything off his Natural album.

3 comments:

Vito Fun said...

Fix that Hemmin Heads link...need that track

Unknown said...

Seriously that song (from what I remember) was dope as hell. Never made the album either!!!

Anonymous said...

please fix the link!